IMPORTANT: Do not request a new account if you believe you may already have a user account. See “Recovering or Accessing an Existing User Account” below. Creating a second account for an existing user may result in both accounts being deleted and the loss of training records.
1. Go to https://wildlandfirelearningportal.net/ Select “Log in” from the top right.
2. Select “Create new account” Complete the new Account sign up request form. After completing the form, ensure you click the “Request account” button at the bottom of the form.
Note: If you include an upper case letter in your username, or if your password does not include at least 12 characters, at least one uppercase letter, at least one lower case letter, at least one digit (number), and at least one non-alphanumeric character (such as: *, -, #, or !) you will receive this message:
and you will need to request it again, fixing the error.
3. When you click “Request account” you will receive an on-screen confirmation message AND you should receive an automated email from the Learning Portal within 10-15 minutes.
Note: the confirmation email will come from "Admin User Wildland Fire Learning Portal: Confirmation of account request".
You must respond to that automated email to confirm the ownership of the email you provided when requesting the account. Your request for a user account cannot progress until you have responded to confirm email ownership.
If you do not receive the automated email, then:
4. After receiving AND responding to the automated ownership confirmation email, you should expect confirmation of your account request:
5. When your account is approved, you should receive an email from the Learning Portal, and you will be able to login to your account. If, after following the steps above, you do not receive confirmation that your request was approved within 1-2 business days, then:
**Additional Information For Contractors**
The Learning Portal is meant to serve the education needs of federal, tribal, state and municipal organizations that are part of our National Cohesive Wildland Fire Management Strategy. We are not resourced to provide training to private contractors and their employees unless that contractor has an agreement, contract, or memorandum of understanding with one of the agencies above.
If you are a contractor and would like an account when you submit your account request in the unit, enter the full name of the company. We may have that company's contract on file.
If we don't have the company on file, please submit a ticket in the help center with the following information:
· the signature page of an agreement, contract, or MOU they have in place with an NWCG member agency
· The point of contact and the contact information for the person they coordinate with at the member agency
· also include a list of any employees that need their accounts approved
If you are a contractor and do not have an agreement with one of the agencies, then you may be able to take the courses you are looking for at another site such as USFS NFA Online - https://www.usfa.fema.gov/nfa/courses/online/
Recovering or Accessing an Existing User Account
IMPORTANT: Do not request a new account if you believe you may already have a user account.
Creating a second account for an existing user may result in both accounts being deleted and the loss of training records.
- If you change agencies or retire, your account on the Learning Portal will still be accessible. You will need to edit the email address in your User Profile. To do this, login to your account on the Learning Portal, click on the arrow near your name in the upper right-hand corner, click on “Profile”, then click on “Edit Profile.”
- If you no longer have access to the email address in your User Profile, you can still access your account if you know your username and password. After logging in, you can edit the email address in your profile.
- If you can't remember your username and/or password and still have access to the email address in your User Profile, go to the login page (https://wildlandfirelearningportal.net/login/index.php), and click on "Forgotten your username or password?" The system will guide you through the process of recovering your username and password by sending you an email within 10-15 minutes. If you do not receive the email, submit a request in the Help Center.
- If you can't remember your username and/or password and don't have access to the email address in your User Profile, submit a request in the Help Center.